Hello and welcome to my next video lesson. Today I’m going to show you how to rename a folder or a directory using FTP Client in FileZilla. So let’s get started.
1. Let’s say you have a main website. You can duplicate the site or create a test website and put it in a folder or directory called TEST.
2. I already have a folder named TEST. To rename it, choose the folder and right click.
3. Click on the option Rename from the drop down menu that appears.
4. You will see a blinking type box. Rename the directory and press Enter. Do not use space because when the test site goes live, the internet will fill the space using characters so its robot can crawl it. But the characters can be confusing or look funny to your readers. That’s why I use the word: duplicatesite. You can also use duplicate-site or duplicate_site.
5. If you want to rename the file again, just right click so the drop down menu appears, click Rename, type the new folder name and press Enter.
That’s how you rename a folder using an FTP Client in Filezilla. If you like my videos please subscribe or comment. If you have any question, please don’t hesitate to e-mail me. This video is brought to you by MirajeStudios.com. Thanks for watching and you guys have a wonderful day 🙂