Hello everyone and welcome to my next video lesson. In this basic FTP tutorial, I’m going to show you how to create a new folder or directory using an FTP Client or FileZilla. So let’s get started.
1. Make sure you connect to your FTP Client or FileZilla. You should already watch my previous video tutorials about how to connect to FileZilla and how to change folder permission, etc.
2. My web hosting company uses /public_html but depends on your web hosting service, your remote site (local server) might be in different name.
3. Right click on the white area. Choose Create Directory in the dropdown menu that pops.
4. FileZilla will ask you to enter the name of the new directory. Enter a name and click the OK button.
5. On the status window on the upper left part of the screen you should see a response status that says: “The directory was successfully created”
6. Scroll down on the right window to see that the folder has been created.
That’s how you create a new folder in your local server using FTP Client FIleZilla. If you like my video tutorial, please subscribe or comment. If you have any question, please do not hesitate to leave me an e-mail. This video tutorial is brought to you by MirajeStudios.com. Thanks for watching and have a wonderful day!