Hi guys, in this video tutorial, I’m going to show you how to create your first frame in Photoshop CS4. You may be wondering how to get started with Photoshop. Here are the steps to create your first file in Photoshop.
1. Have your Photoshop program opened.
2. Create a new file. Go to File> New or press Ctrl+N on your keyboard.
3. A pop-up box will appear. Rename the file by typing it in the box.
4. Choose the dimension using the choices in the Preset. You can choose Clipboard, US Paper, International Paper, Photo, Web, and Mobile Phone or choose another size preset according to your specific design needs.
5. Or you can choose Custom and insert the canvas width, height, or resolution and color mode you want. I normally use pixels, RGB color mode, 8-bit for my web designs.
6. Choose the Background Contents. You can choose White, Background Color, or Transparent. Press OK afterwards.
7. Voila, now you have a new file in Photoshop to get you started. That’s how you create a new canvas or frame in Photoshop.
Thank you for listening to me and my Photoshop CS4 tutorial. Please look forward for my next video tutorial and I’m going to show you how to create a layer in Photoshop.